Kisan Rail Service: In excellent news for farmers, the Railways will start Kisan Rail service to move perishable gadgets from Friday. The first prepare, carrying greens and fruits, will run between Devlali in Maharashtra and Danapur in Bihar, the Railways stated. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had introduced plans to start out Kisan Rail, in her Budget, earlier.
Kisan Rail service: 5 key factors
- It is geared toward seamless provide chain of perishable farm produce
- The trains with agricultural merchandise will run on a weekly foundation
- The scheduled halts will probably be at Nasik Road, Manmad, Jalgaon, Bhusaval, Burhanpur, Khandwa, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Satna, Katni, Manikpur, Prayagraj Chheoki, Deendayal Upadhyay Nagar and Buxar.
- It will primarily cowl areas that produce large portions of greens, fruits, flowers and different perishable gadgets.
- These perishables will primarily be transported to areas round Patna, Allahabad, Katni, Satna.
The Railways, in a press release stated, “Aggressive marketing is being done with local farmers, loaders, Agricultural Produce Market Committee and individuals…,” in order that the farmers could make the most effective use of the Kisan Rail service.
The proposal to make use of refrigerated parcel vans to ferry perishables was first introduced by Mamata Banerjee within the 2009-10, when she was the union rail minister. However, it didn’t take off.
Since then, the Railways has commissioned temperature-controlled perishable cargo centres at Ghazipur Ghat in Uttar Pradesh, New Azadpur in Delhi and some different locations. A pilot challenge, beneath the Kisan Vision Project by Container Corporation of India Limited by way of a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative, is underway. Another challenge is beneath development at Lasalgaon, the primary onion market, in Maharashtra’s Nasik.