The Kia Sonet subcompact SUV will make its world debut in India, on August 7, 2020. The SUV can be launched in early September, and this is all the pieces else we all know concerning the upcoming subcompact SUV.
The manufacturing model of the lengthy-anticipated Kia Sonet is all set to make its official debut tomorrow, on August 7, 2020. It’s the newest subcompact SUV on the block, and it is going to be the entry level into the Kia household in India, which at present presents the Seltos compact SUV and the Carnival premium MPV. We first noticed the pre-manufacturing idea model of the Sonet on the 2020 Auto Expo, and far just lately Kia additionally shared an entire bunch of particulars relating to the SUV’s design, styling and options. So, earlier than the large unveil, this is all the pieces we already know concerning the all-new Kia Sonet.
- Right of the bat, allow us to let you know that the Sonet is to Kia, what the Venue is to Hyundai. Both the based mostly on the identical platform and can share the identical powertrains as properly. So, the engine choices will embrace the naturally aspirated 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5-litre diesel motor and the 1.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol engine. Transmission choice will embrace a 6-pace handbook, a DCT computerized and the brand new iMT (Intelligent Manual Transmission).
- The Kia Sonet is anticipated to come back in a total of seven variants categorised into Tech Line and GT Line trims, just like the Seltos. While the previous will are available in 4 variants – HTE, HTK, HTX and HTX+, the GT Line choice can be supplied in three trims – GTK, GTX and GTX+.
Also Read: Kia Sonet: Top 5 Segment-First Features The Subcompact SUV Is Expected To Get
- The Kia Sonet’s Tech Line variants are prone to get the 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel engines, whereas the GT Line trims will get the 1.0-litre GDi turbo petrol engine. Interestingly, just lately Hyundai too launched a Sport trim for the Venue, which has similarities to the GT Line variants of the Sonet.
- Kia has already confirmed that the brand new Sonet will include LED headlights with LED daytime working lamps and LED taillamps. Furthermore, based mostly on the several spy photos we’ve got seen just lately, the SUV may even get sporty alloy wheels, roof rails, beefy underbody and wheel arch claddings with fake skid plates, and sharp character strains. The GT Line trim may even get black exterior particulars with pink accents.
- The cabin will function a section-first 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system, which may even function the UVO Connected Car tech. The instrument panel comes with a MID unit and separates digital learn-out for the speedometer. Other options will embrace engine begin/cease button, cruise management, computerized local weather management, central armrest and extra. It will come outfitted with as much as six airbags – together with entrance, facet and curtain airbags.
- The GT Line variants will get sportier styling with pink exterior accents, all-black inside with pink distinction stitching and a flat-backside steering wheel, whereas the Tech Line trims will miss out on the pink accents, and are prone to get a twin-tone black-beige inside and a spherical steering wheel.
- Bookings from the Kia Sonet are anticipated to begin from tomorrow, after the SUV is unveiled, and a number of the sellers we spoke to have instructed us that the reserving quantity might be as much as ₹ 25,000. The official launch will occur within the first week of September.
- Upon its launch the Kia Sonet must compete with its cousin, the Hyundai Venue, together with different sturdy gamers within the subcompact SUV house like – the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon, and Ford EcoSport.